Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I'm home!!!

I got out of the hospital yesterday at lunch time. Yay!

I got my final IV antibiotic at 6 am that morning and the wound was looking really good. I'm glad I stayed one more day. After I got my shower, I got dressed in my street clothes. All the nurses and doctors laughed when they saw me.

J and I went to get M from extended day early and we went out to eat at a nice restaurant locally. The steak was heavenly.

Since M got some good Mama-time in, I decided to go to SnB last night. It was lots of fun and it was nice to be able to be with PEOPLE! My days of solitary in the hospital has taken a bit of a toll.

Oh, and my dog Mel missed me, too. He's been glued to my side ever since I got home and has been really pushy for petting.

I got my first sleep in my own bed last night - oh how wonderful to not be woken up in the middle of the night for a blood draw or a vital check or another IV infusion.

It's good to be home.

No comments: