Wednesday, June 27, 2007

More sewing

I have fond memories of being taken to the local fabric store by my mom, browsing through untold pattern books, and picking out dresses I'd like to wear.

So I did the same with M the other day. This was the pattern she picked - namely the animal print outfit.
I couldn't find animal print in a heavy enough fabric, so I flipped the solid/print around. Here's a photo of the final skirt - I put three iron on butterflies on the skirt.

Here's the finished outfit - before M tried it on (She was sleeping).
Of course, the pose:
It's a little big on her now, but that kid grows SO fast, I don't think it'll be a problem. She kept going into her bedroom closet to look at herself. I think she likes it. She came up to me with a very serious look on her face and said, "Mom, you are the heart of my heart. Thank you so much for my new outfit."
Aww.



No comments: