Monday, February 25, 2008

CSM Sock

I'm still having difficulty with determining how to size socks. J is a solid size 13. So when I made this sock - a Men's 10 - it turned out BIGGER!!

Ugh!

Here's a photo. I really like the color.

Yarn: Knit Picks Palette, Verdant Heather

20 rows - hang hem

Leg: 40 rows

Foot: 68 rows

Here's the deal, each heel and toe is 4" (2" for each)

Size Men 10 foot length is 10.81" - 4" = 6.81"

I have a gage of 10 rows per inch, so

6.81" * 10 rows/inch = 68 rows

But this is a good 1" too large for my Men's 13 husband.

I need to wash the sock. Perhaps that will "fix" this problem.

I think I'm going to try to work on a couple of mock ribbed socks.

1 comment:

LizzieK8 said...

I've found that a few good washings and dryings in the dryer will full the KnitPicks a bit so they might fit better.

I learned the hard way and had to give a couple pair of socks away.