Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Snaggle Toothed Grin

Well M finally lost her first top front tooth. Her grin is just adorable.

The tooth has been loose for months. It'd get loose, then tighten up, loosen up again, then tighten up. She's been pretty frustrated.

I got back from working out on Saturday and was practically tackled by her when I walked in.

"Momma, momma, momma! Guess what! I lost my TOOTH!!!!" she said excitedly. "The tooth fairy will have to visit tonight," she continues like she's imparting a great truth to me.

FWIW, she already knows the tooth fairy is us but she likes to pretend.

We went to church on Sunday and she had to share with the congregation during "Joys, Sorrows, and Concerns"

"My joy is that I lost my tooth yesterday and got a dollar from the tooth fairy this morning!"

Of course this prompted many folks after the service to ask her what she's going to do with her dollar.

She looks at them with a little exasperation, "Well, it went into my bank," like there was any other way she could use her dollar. . .

Makes a Momma's heart sing!

I've been informed that she's saving for a Barbie doll (which she already has several of and doesn't play with).
Heart's not singing as loudly, now. . .
:)

No comments: