Wednesday, March 19, 2008

FO - Trinomial Cube!

DD goes to Montessori and this is her last year with her teacher (she’s been there for almost three years). I am modifying the Fibo-optic to look like a trinomial cube.

Oh, joy! The afghan is done! The afghan is done!

I must admit that in the end, I do like it. I was having some doubts midway!

Hope Miss Marshall will like it.

(Notes on the afghan: I modified this afghan from a known pattern:

Pattern: Fibo-optic by Pat Ashforth & Steve Plummer of Woolly Thoughts
Yarn: Lion Brand Homespun.

  • Fawn (1 skein)
  • Cobalt (1 skein)
  • Granite (2 skeins)
  • Sierra (1 skein)
  • Covered Bridge Red (1 skein)
  • Candy Apple (1 skein)
  • Montana Sky (1 skein)
  • Sunshine State (1 skein)
  • Black (2 skeins)
Some notes:
To make this match the tri-nomial cube, I ended up leaving off the last four blocks.

I sewed up the front blocks and it took me a long time to do, so I ended up playing with a different technique for the “shadow” blocks. I cast on all of the stitches, but added one extra one between the two like colors. When I get to that stitch I K it on the RS row and P it on the WS row (after I’ve increased). It’s working out and I’m pleased with the result.


1 comment:

Glynis Evans said...

I love the trinomial cube afghan. I'd love to knit one for my Montessori classroom. Is the pattern available?