Saturday, September 27, 2008

Daring Bakers September 2008 Challenge - Lavash

So, I finally read this months challenge - and it's due TODAY!! Good thing I looked!

Whenever I do any type of dough now-a-days, I'll use my trusty Kitchen Aide. I am using my mini bowl set-up - here's all the ingredients sans water before I press the on button.

I added the 1/2 cup of luke warm water (this isn't in the instructions - I just know that the dough needed the warm water to activate the yeast.) and pulsed until a dough ball formed.
Then I kneaded it. Here's what it looks before I kneaded it.
This is after 10 minutes.
Now I sprayed my bowl with spray oil and let the dough rest for 90 minutes.
And it actually doubled in size!
The instructions say to roll it out paper thin. Looks like a job for my pasta machine!
I ended up doubling it over. The thinner "plank" worked better. Throw on some course salt and sesame seeds and bake.
Till it's nice and crispy.
Hindsight: next time I will keep the lavash very thin and use more than just one cookie sheet.

I also made some quick guacamole, but it was eaten by DH before the crackers were done.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Pasta Machine!!! Great idea!

Lauren said...

Ooo, your lavash looks great! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Haha, your husband should behave himself! :-) Your pictures are nice!

Knitting Rose said...

ok - ok - where is the baker's challenge? I must check this out.