Thursday, September 25, 2008

Braided Raspberry Almond Cream Pastry

From Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day.

I made the Brioche dough, rolled it out and transferred it to a parchment covered cookie sheet.

Then I put the almond cream down the center third.

Spread half a cup of raspberry jam. . .
Put some fresh raspberries on top of that.
Using a pizza cutter, I cut strips along each side - making sure that I line up each side so I have the same amount of strips on both sides.
Pulling a strip from each side, I cross each one over the other - just alternating each strip.
Finally, I put an egg wash on top and sugar. It's waiting to go into the oven right now.
I'll post photo's of the finished product.

Note: This is the second loaf I made. The first one was easier to work with as the dough was only a day old. This dough is three days old and became wet - which made it difficult to "braid" the dough. Once it's baked, I'm sure it'll look better. I'm just not happy with how sticky the strips were while braiding this.

No comments: