Friday, June 08, 2007

Television

It's been a while since I've talked about what I'm watching on the tube.

Stuff that's been cancelled:

Jericho
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

I know there's a big write in campaign to try and save Jericho. Just don't know if it'll help.

Studio 60 was clever and it featured an atheist who was actually likable. I loved how the show showed how two people with very different world views could still love each other. (sigh)

I started watching Pirate Master. I like this show for one reason: the contestants win money along the way. It should prove interesting watching. I used to like Survivor, but just couldn't get interested in the Fuji island series. The Pirate Master thing has a nice twist. Why the crew doesn't mutiny is beyond me. The captain has around $45,000 - that's a nice chunk of change. Why not get rid of him. He's not sharing the wealth and he's not feeding the crew well, either.

USA's The Starter Wife has been heavily advertised/hyped. The premier and the second episode has aired and I have to admit that I really like this show. Sometimes it gets a little ridiculous (when the main character talks to herself or goes into fantasy mode).

Two more summer shows are getting ready to start up: The 4400 and The Closer. I thought The 4400 had pretty much run it's course, but if they can get a good story line going with Collier, it may still be interesting. I'm also looking forward to The Closer.

Traveler has been fun to watch. One of the problems these thriller type shows have is that they tend to be too slow in moving the plot. Hopefully this one won't suffer from that malady.

Damages on FX looks really, really good. Glenn Close's character looks positively badass.

On the silly scale, there's Flight of the Conchords. It's really a great, funny show and reminds me of a musical version of The Office. If you click on the above link, you can see the first episode. Well worth the effort. Oh, and I can be a part-time model.

2 comments:

frizzlefry said...

I just heard Jericho got saved! I think I'll check it out for next season.

Shelly Hattan said...

Yeah, Jericho has been approved for 7 more episodes. The CBS brass has indicated they want to see better ratings. So, if you haven't seen it, it's worth watching. I have to admit that some of the episodes drag a bit because you're wanting more in the way of main plot exposition. Just slog through them.

You can also watch all the episodes on-line for free. Just go to cbs.com.