Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Reviewed: "Sebastian" by Anne Bishop

Okay, I was very skeptical about reading this book as I was judging it by it's cover:
Bleh. It looks like a typical romance novel. I was afraid it was going to be one of those paranormal romance novels. Sebastian is an incubus, so you can see my reluctance after I read the first couple of chapters.

Happily, I have to say it's a good read and doesn't devolve into a sex romp ala' Laurel Hamilton. Anne Bishop does a good job of creating a fantasy world and the book has a good beginning, middle and end (with an open ending for an obvious sequel, which in this case is Belladonna).

I didn't really like reading the parts that were from the Eater of the World's view point as I found it a bit repetitive.

But there is a great Good/Evil plot line where the general consensus in the fantasy world of who is Good and who is Evil is topsy-turvey (can you tell I like that type of theme in my reading preferences?).

If you're looking for a good light summer reading, this is a good one to pick up.

No comments: