Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pepperoni - home made!

J tweaks me in my cooking challenges and he came up with a new one - make home made pepperoni. He came across a good recipe. It's Tammy's Spicy Pepperoni and it's SUPER easy to make. It just takes time to do. I'd say this was a three day process - and you need another day to let the rolls rest.

Here's what it looked like coming out of the oven.
I let it rest in the fridge over night and broke out my food processor to make the slices thinner.

It is really great. We used a VERY lean ground beef and I left out the crushed red pepper because M doesn't like spicy food. Next time I'll add it. It needs a little kick. I could also look at rolling it in black pepper next time, too!

Oh, and the following pizza is almost completely scratch made (I didn't make the tomato sauce). It's homemade crust (from the ABI5M), homemade mozzerella, and homemade pepperoni.


It was good.

I wish I had a better camera to do it justice.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hey, Shelly! Where did you get the Tender Quick? I'm dying to try this, and I can't find it.

Pepperoni Recipe said...

That looks like a great homemade pepperoni. I like to make them at home myself.