Friday, January 20, 2006

Frogged it

Frogging is a term I learned from my knitting books. It means that you have unraveled your project (when you pull it apart, it makes a "rip it" sound - get it?)

Well, I got one of the flaps done on the hat and was successfully making an i-cord when I tried to put the hat on. The whole time I was knitting it, I was a little skeptical about how it looked. I had increased it too aggressively and made the top flat and the hat like a tube. Furthermore, it wasn't large enough. I did like knitting from the top down and will do that again. I just couldn't wrap my mind around the way to increase it because the pattern called for decreases (knitting from the brim up). I pulled out my excel spreadsheet and finally figured out how to increase from the top down. Essentially, I will have to increase each row, but if it's the third row, then I will increase between every two stitches. Hopefully this will make the top of the hat look better. Plus, I can still follow the pattern, somewhat.

I also started knitting on the SnB Pinup Queen sweater. I bought a nice green color for the yarn and started it. It'll be my first ever sweater. I'm not too sure about how well it'll turn out. My neighbor knits all the time but she likes to knit small stuff - so she can get the project done.

I also have my eye on making alligator gloves. I also am thinking about making some finger puppets for M.

But first I WILL finish this damn hat! :)

No comments: