Wednesday, January 25, 2006

M the budding crafter

M is going to a Montessori school (she's three going on four next month) and she's learning how to sew. Here's her latest creation (it's a bookmark - I had to ask, too).

I'm very proud. :) She's really proud of it, too.

One of the things that I really value from my childhood was the fact that my mom did a lot of different crafts. I feel this is important to my personal development because I feel it has allowed me to look at something and have the confidence to try to make anything. I'm looking forward to when I can start getting her those neat kids kits so she can start making her own stuff, too.

The types of crafts I remember doing when I was a kid: crocheting, cooking, and decoupage. Then there was that weird three-D cut out thingy's (3-D decoupage). We painted and macraméd, too. It was really all a whole bunch of fun. One of mom's old friends called her basement, the G.S. art school because it seemed like mom would have all the kids over in the neighborhood to do crafts.

No comments: