Monday, May 04, 2009

Knitting update

My cousin is getting married this summer and I offered to make her a garter.

I have 12 inches knitted - 9 more to go. Made with cheap crochet cotton I had on hand. Free pattern is the Knitted Lace Wedding Garter by Diane Willett.

Also, I think I mentioned my aunt has breast cancer. I have knitted 6 pi topper hats. One I donated to the Fiber Fest last weekend, so I'm about to send 5 of these to my aunt today. I was able to run by the Knitting Nook on Saturday and get some cute buttons.


Speaking of Fiber Fest. I was able to pick up a skein of Brookes Farm Mas Acero. I cast on last night for a self fringing shawl.


And here's a close up because the photo above does not do the color justice.


M is finding that she likes to make things. A neighbor girl had some Capsters and showed M (and me) her necklace. We had most of the supplies and she made her own. I don't have a photo, but will post one later.

For some reason, it really sparked her creative side and I was presented with an early Mother's Day gift yesterday - this is supposed to be a bag.
Yes it's paper and I can't do much with it, but I think I'm going to have to really try to figure out how to fix it so I can use it. She was so proud - I will never forget the look on her face.

3 comments:

Susie said...

That Mas Acero looks gorgeous. Can't wait to see the FO!

HODGEPODGESPV said...

you's a good mommy!

Jen da Purse Ho said...

your daughter is so cute. :) hahaha. i love the garter! and the mas acero...that's gonna be awesome. :)