Monday, November 13, 2006

Auction

J & I went to M's school auction on Saturday night. It was fun, but I always feel out of place at these events. I don't like wearing cocktail dresses and I'm finding that crowds make me very anxious. J knows this and is wonderful at getting me into a quiet place and calming me down.

I donated the two Gnomes and they fetched over $200 for the school technology fund. I also will be knitting a baby outfit and another Noni purse. All in all, my donations made over $300. I'm somewhat pleased. I think if I do this next year, I'll have things knitted beforehand as finished items seem to fetch a higher price. I'll probably make a Captain Underpants and some more Gnomes. Perhaps I'll knit some other toys, too.

I'm glad I went, but I'm equally glad it's over.

No comments: