Saturday, April 12, 2008

Another Nice Thing Happened

A couple of months ago I went to a local high school to talk about being a civil engineer. I don't have a teenager (yet) and totally forgot how sullen they can be. I felt like I was talking to a wall of uninterested boys.

Guess you never know when they're paying attention. I just got a letter from the teacher who's room I was speaking in with another letter attached. It was from a kid who decided that he was going to try to become a civil engineer.

This school is where the local school district parks all their problem kids. My friend who asked for my help in the first place, says there are occasional police arrests in the halls. It's a tough school.

I just am stunned and terribly flattered. I'd like to see if I can help find him a job with a city as an intern. I have my fingers crossed.

No comments: