Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Weird KIP moment

I've found that knitter's who knit in public (KIP) are generally very friendly people and more than happy to talk to you about your shared love of this hobby.

I went yesterday to get allergy shots - we have to stick around for 30 minutes after getting shots. There was a woman there knitting - which isn't something that happens a lot. So, I told her that I was a knitter, too and asked about her project.

Man.

She didn't want to talk to me AT ALL. Every question was answered with a monosyllabic response. At first I thought it was because she was counting and trying to keep the pattern - which I was very nice about and backed off, but when she put the knitting down, I tried talking to her again only to have the same response.

Bitch.

3 comments:

Maxly said...

Yes, but was she civil?

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAH!!

how can ppl just be so rude and not be polite? i don't get ppl like that sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I have never been able to fathom human behaviour or work people out. It was her lose not talking to you, and downright rude of her. Didn't she realise who she was talking to in the first place??? Obviously not! The only people I can talking knitting to are on the internet..all my friends live in my computer.

Hang in there.
Faye