Friday, February 10, 2006

Half a Robot

I have finished the front of a robot. It’s PINK! I didn’t like knitting it from the bottom up. I’m going to try to knit the back from the top down. I think it’ll be easier to knit the legs at the same time.

Intarsia was really not so bad – I don’t know why I was so afraid to try it. I will, however, make the butterfly balls the next time. I just needed to get a project under my belt so I could understand where to do it.

I also went to the North Texas Bluebonnet Knitting Guild meeting last night. It was really great fun as I’m amazed at the talent of some of the ladies. I went ahead and joined. It’s much more organized than SnB. I like the informal-ness of SnB, but I also like the formalness of NTBKG.

Today is the first day of the Knitting Olympics. I don’t think I can make the mittens circularly with intarsia (circular knitting is essentially a spiral so there would be no way for me to ), so I’ll go ahead and follow the pattern in SnB-Nation. The robot will have to be put on temporary hold (although, the back would go really fast – I would definitely have time to finish it up).

No comments: