Thursday, September 07, 2006

General Life stuff

Well, M got sick earlier this week. She ran into the living room one night yelling that she was really cold. Sure enough, the poor girl had goosebumps all up and down her body. We went back to her bed to try to get her warm - then she said she was feeling sick. We made it just in time to the bathroom (one of the few times that I didn't end up wearing throw up). She was so cold that her teeth literally were chattering together. She finally got comfortable and we ended up sleeping together out on the couch. She was fine the next day.

Then the next night M got to have a sleep over with Grandma and Grandpa from Nashville in their hotel room (they prefer to stay in a hotel room instead of in people's homes). M had a wonderful time and I think so did Grandma and Grandpa. We ate at the local Waffle House the next morning while sitting on the bar stools. M was in heaven.

J's foot is feeling fine - he's wearing closed-toe shoes now. The poor guy is suffering from allergies now. It seems like he can't get comfortable, poor thing.

Yesterday the two of us played hooky from work in the afternoon and went to see a movie. Little Miss Sunshine. It was a hoot. Alan Arkin was a great crotchety old Grandpa and Greg Kinear (who to this day I'm surprised has a movie career as I remember him from his Talk Soup days) was a great schmaltzy Dad. Each member of the family has great character development and the end of the movie (I won't give the ending away) was just priceless. I laughed out loud and that's a rare thing these days while watching movies. Go see this movie.

OTN: I'm trying to finish up the Mason Dixon Moss Grid Hand Towel for a friend of mine who is getting married on September 23rd. I have to hurry because I want to make a second one, too. I'll post a photo after I get it done. Instead of the Euroflax, I'm knitting it in a cotton/acrylic blend - it looks nice, really. I just didn't want to give something to my friend that couldn't be washed in a machine.

I'm currently debating about what I need to do on the Hex Coat. I'm getting a little nervous that the bottom comes in as much as it does (the pattern called for size 6 needles for the ribbing - I hit gage dead on with the size 8's for the Moss stitch). Since I'm shortening it up a bit, I also don't know where I want to stop. Part of me wants to start over and add some stitches to the bottom to allow it to flare out a bit - a little like a swing coat. But the other part of me HATES swing coats. I guess I'll just have to keep on keepin' on. I hate uncertainty. I do love the way it's knitting up, though. I think I'm going to go and look at some colored yarn to see if any would look good for the hex's.

No comments: