Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Dumb old boring knitting post

J is tired of seeing me blog about knitting. Tough Titty Toenails! It's my blog and I can blog about whatever I want to.


I still haven't received my Circular Sock-knitting Machine. I keep watching the mail and every day around 3 pm I get anxious and volunteer to go get the mail (I never volunteer to go get the mail). I want my new toy!

I've been busy. Work is getting in the way! (It's a good thing, really)

I made a hat for Caps for the Capital and a scarf for the Red Scarf Project. I didn't get photo's because I knitted them right up to when I needed to get them to their respective charities.

I also finished and felted a purse. I still need to sew it together.
I'm not happy with how the purse blocked and am thinking about sending it through the washer one more time so I can work the kinks out.
I'm also not very happy at how the blue yarn bled into the yellow. I don't think the dye bled. I think the blue fibers felted into the yellow.
I am a bit lukewarm about the way the flower turned out. It's not as fuzzy as I would have liked. Probably should have double stranded the nylon/mohair yarn.

I do like the size of the purse and the length of the handle.

No comments: