Friday, January 12, 2007

Re-started my Hex Coat

A while back, I started my Hex Coat, but I screwed it up. I knitted it in seed stitch instead of moss stitch.

If you've ever wondered what the difference is, hopefully you can see it here. Here's the seed stitch:

Here's what I'm doing now. The moss stitch:

I'm a bit disappointed that this photo doesn't show the diamonds. It really softens it up.

I also didn't take into account that my hips are wider than my chest. The other thing I did was knitted the rib in the same needle size as what I'm knitting the coat. I did not like how the rib area pulled dramatically in - not good for a woman with large hips.

The top of the photo below is where the hexagon's will be added later on. The bottom is the outer edge. I've chosen to do a shaped coat - 'cause I'm shaped. I've knitted to the waist and am now increasing to cover my chest. I'm keeping track of where I increased on each row.

I'm glad I ripped out my previous attempt. I'm much happier with this attempt.

No comments: