Thursday, July 13, 2006

Frogged

Well, I pulled the Brioche Bodice apart last night. I'm just not getting into the zen of it - you have to pay too much attention to knitting the stitch, and yet it doesn't change.

I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with all that beautiful green yarn. I'm leaning towards the Cherry Bomb in the BGK's book - and possibly adding some cap sleeves.

I also finished the Mason Dixon baby kimono. I really liked it, but if I knit it again, I'm going to knit it without the sleeves - or shorten them up quite a bit. The 4-inches they say to knit it to is just not wide enough and I know the new mother is going to have trouble getting the silly thing on her daughter. I forgot to take a picture of all the finished items: two bib's (from Mason Dixon), a kimono, a ruffle hat, and a pair of booties. All knitted in one weeks time. I'm still working on M's mermaid skirt - I have 6-inches knitted - 6 more to go. I just hope I finish this in time for her to be able to use in this summer! :)

No comments: