Monday, August 14, 2006

Snakes on a Sweater

I finished the Snake Charmer from Knitty. I like it. Here's a photo from the front.


A close up on a snake


From the back.

My local knitting guild just had a class on how to pick up stitches in curved areas (i.e., the neck area). I'm pretty happy with the results and glad I went - the information was very timely. The only thing is, I ended up picking up more stitches than what was called for in the pattern. So I ended up making the hood much bigger than I anticipated. But it still works!

I knitted this with four balls of 2 oz SnC in the Summer Breeze colorway using the 3-6 month size in the pattern. It was worsted weight yarn, which I think is heavier than what was called for in the pattern, but who cares. It worked.

The pattern called for 6 snakes. I just liked the three since the yarn color is so busy.

Isn't it cute?

2 comments:

Knitting Rose said...

Wow! I am so impressed! You did that so fast. I love the way the yarn looks like grass that the snake is sunning on! I never thought I would love 'snakes in the grass', but it is adorable. Your stitches look so nice and even. Great job!

HAPPY KNITTING!

Kerry said...

Oh my goodness! That is just too cute! You did a great job!