Monday, December 18, 2006

Gettin' Shots

After I had a phone conversation with one of my clients, she mentioned that she noticed that I was stuffed up and that "you sure are sick a lot." You know, she was right and it's all allergy related.

So a couple of weeks ago I went in and got tested - sure enough, I'm allergic to everything in the world (except Hackberry, Elms, and Buffalo grass).

Today I'm sitting in my doctor's office doing a "Rush" treatment for shots. I've had fourteen shots today - gack! It's not been really that bad, just uncomfortable. I had a bit of a scare not too long ago as my blood pressure looked like it dropped below 100 - but it was a faulty reading. It's a good thing that the nurse re-did the test as the doctor was talking about giving me some epinephrine. Crisis averted.

I am dirt board, though. There's a television with a DVD player here, but I just don't want to watch TV. I did watch the latest Torchwood - it actually made me cry! I'm hoping it is the medication I'm reacting to as I hate it when I cry over cheesy television.

I, of course, brought my knitting, but I ran out of yarn to finish my daughter's Twinkletoes shoes. I finished another pair over the weekend for GOAM's daughter (I didn't get a photo - I'll have to get a photo later - they're pretty cute). Since I ran out of yarn, I have pulled out the Garterlac bathmat, but it's just too hard for me to knit with right now because I have an IV needle sticking out of my hand. The small project was easy to knit with, but it's just too hard with the three strand double worsted yarn.

No comments: