Monday, December 18, 2006

Party!

We went to a party yesterday way out in BFE Texas. It was SO much fun! A good friend made some yummy homemade egg nog. J even liked it and he HATES egg nog. Another friend made some of the best baby back ribs I've ever eaten - and I love baby back ribs. These were GOOD.

The best part of the party, though, was having other families with kids show up. The kids were a perfect age for M to play with and they all got on famously. The place had a ton of golf carts and we let M steer. Now that was special - she was SO happy. Later on I took her on a four wheel ride. What a great memory. I will all ways remember her sitting in front holding on to my arms. "That was like the log ride!" she'd giggle while we went through creeks. "That took my tummy away!" she yell after we went particularly fast.

The gift exchange was lots of fun. No real turkey gifts this year. I got a neat wind chime and a sun with a tea light candle in the back. I'm happy!

Next time we go we're going to stay overnight. It's really a lovely place and R has done a great job fixing up the property.

Well, it's almost 3. I have another check up. I'm hoping to get out of here soon.

No comments: