Thursday, December 28, 2006

My first sock

I don't have photo's but I have finally started knitting my first sock. I initially tried to knit two at one time, but I really had some trouble. I must have started these socks at least ten times only to end up pulling them apart.

I'm using the Cybersocks toe up tutorial for toe up socks. My biggest challenge has been how to shape the toe. I initially increased too slowly and made a really funky looking toe. I eventually just ended up increasing each row until I got to sixty stitches.

I just finished turning the heel. I did short rows for the twinkletoes, but was not very happy with the result. I do not recommend following Lesson five for the round heel. I was TOTALLY lost while reading it. Luckily, one of my knitting yahoo groups mentioned a great tutorial for short rows. I have to agree. I finally get it. Go here for short row help.

Oh, and I'm knitting them in Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Ruby River yarn. I LOVE the colors.

No comments: