Friday, September 28, 2007

Sunday - Day Two

We got up pretty early - I think we were excited 'cause we were going to the Magic Kingdom. Ate breakfast at the Roaring Fork again and were at the opening of the park at 8 am (we got in early because we were on-property). We had M wearing tennis shoes, t-shirt, and shorts. As soon as we got into the park, M wanted to wear her princess outfit. I swapped out the t-shirt with the dress and she was set. Of course, she needed a tiara!

We were able to ride the following rides (warning: some of the links has music that I don't know how to turn off)

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh was too scary for M. She cried through the whole thing and started us off on the wrong foot.

Since she was so scared, we decided to try a ride she could see. We stood in line for Dumbo the Flying Elephant for about 20 minutes. M was just fine on this one, although she didn't want to go all the way to the top.

Next stop was to see her favorite princess Ariel in Ariel's Grotto. The gal who played Ariel was great and gave M plenty of time to talk to her.

M calmed down enough by this time, so we decided to try another dark ride: It's a Small World. M was terrified and cried almost the whole way. We finally got her to point out three silly things in each room, and that calmed her down quite a bit.

We got a call from J's family and they were in the park. We told them to meet us over near Cinderella's Golden Carousel. M & I rode on horses.

She was really happy with this ride.

Once the nephews joined us, M was a different kid. She still wasn't really interested in riding the "puppet" rides. We went on It's a Small World again and she had no problems with the ride this time. Then we went to go see a new attraction; Mickey's PhilHarMagic. It was a really cute 3-D movie that was really about Donald Duck. They had some jewels that looked like they hung in the air. Grandpa found some gems later on in the trip and gave them to the kids saying that he was able to grab a few from the air in the movie.

We all ran over to watch Country Bear Jamboree. This was a favorite of mine when I was a kid. I even had the record! Watching it as a 40-year old adult, though, it was just sad. The sound was bad, the lighting bad, and each bear looked just worn out. They need to update this show in a bad way.

About this time, we needed to head over to Cinderella's castle as we had a lunch date at Cinderella's Royal Table. We got into line to meet Cinderella. M got three photo's because the nephews really didn't want any.

Our name was called and M was given these:
The nephews got swords and were called Princes. M was able to meet Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, and the Fairy Godmother. MA gave her an autograph book before we left. She used up all the pages!

The food was really good and it was fun seeing my daughter so happy.

After lunch, we headed over to Tomorrowland and rode the Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin ride. M hated it. We then rode the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. M was fine until we went into Space Mountain. She hates the dark and loud noises.

By this time, M had had it and wasn't having any fun. We left the family and slowly headed over towards the hotel. As soon as we got into the room, M had all her clothes off and was looking for her swim suit. She wanted to go back to the pool. J & M headed out by themselves as I wanted a little down time. My down time didn't last long. I put on my swim suit and joined them. We swam until 8:30 pm ran upstairs and fell into bed. We were all out by 9:30 pm - and that's Eastern time!

After we finally understood what M would ride and be okay with, Disney became a little more fun for all of us.

No comments: