Tuesday, January 29, 2008

WIP - Bombshell #2 - Solved the bust dart mystery

I love Ravelry. I posted my problem with the bust short rows there and got my answer. I had to post it here.


You aren't making a diamond on your chest, you are knitting a short row bust heel - if you will.


So the shape you knit is more of two tetrahedron's on top of each other.


Scarlettb posted this:




So I’m gathering from your math that your bust dart length is 24 stitches total, 12 per side. Your total BDR is 12 rows, which means you have to do the decreasing part in 6 rows, and then the increasing again in 6 rows. That means that you have to decrease four stitches per row (your SRI), So here’s what you’re going to do:


R1: K92, W&T

R2: P88, W&T

R3: K84, W&T

R4: P80, W&T

R5: K76, W&T

R6: P72, W&T

R7: K76, knitting wrap together with stitch

R8: P80, purling wrap together with stitch

R9: K84, knitting wrap together with stitch

R10: P88, purling wrap together with stitch

R11: K92, knitting wrap together with stitch

R12: P96, purling wrap together with stitch
And then continue the pattern normally.
------------
Thanks Scarlettb. I'm knitting the ribbed part of the sweater. My handknitting has been suffering a bit lately because I've been messing with my CSM.

No comments: