Friday, October 07, 2005

Not-so Crafty

Well, crap.

I bought some material for M's costume, and it's too flimsy. I've actually made it RUN (you know, like pantyhose can run).

So, I'll have to make a new trip to the fabric store and get a better material. You know those material suggestions are actually good to follow!

I've crocheted two squares so far. One is just not measuring the right measurements. But the second one is right on.

Surprisingly, I actually like to crochet while watching TV. It makes me feel a little productive - even though all I'm doing is just making 7" x 9" squares of single stitch crochet squares.

Oh, and I've been reading a really terrific book: Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell. Sarah is really great and the book is really entertaining to read. I discovered her on her occasional stories on This American Life and she's also the voice of Violet Parr, from the movie The Incredibles.

I am getting ready to read The Historian. It's been on my local library pull list for literally two months. I just found out that I can go pick it up. Guess my next two weeks are going to be spent reading!

No comments: