Friday, June 16, 2006

Embarrasing Confession

I have a confession to make. I love watching chick films. I also don't limit them to older chick films. I also love those sappy teenage movies, too.

But the thing is, when I watch them, I end up rolling my eyes and looking around for my husband to make sure he's not seeing what I'm watching.

Some of my favorites - these are the ones that when they're on cable, I'll still watch them.

Pretty Woman
Grace of My Heart
Ever After - A Cinderella Story
Terms of Endearment
The Wedding Date (which is essentially the male version of Pretty Woman but I have a thing for Dermott Mulroney and he is absolutely HOT in this movie)

Then there's the crap. I can't help myself. I am always drawn to them.

Ice Princess
The Princess Diaries (and the sequel)
Mean Girls

I usually can only watch those types of movies once or twice. I just can't help myself. I want to watch them but honestly don't know why.

Then there's the phenomenon where I'll latch onto wanting to watch movies done by certain actors.

Julia Roberts (I can't help it, but I think I've seen everything she's done)
Sandra Bullock (She's sort of the discount Julia)
John Cusack

This atrocious taste extends into my television viewing, too, but that will have to be another post.

Oh, and this is done mostly secretly. J teases me about it as I don't tell a lot of folks about this because I'm just too embarrassed to let them know.

No comments: