Monday, July 16, 2007

Nephew turning 4

Since my nephew is turning 4 and I've been going through toy withdrawal (I really like knitting toys), I decided to cast on for this cute guy. The great thing is, I was able to use stash yarn to knit him up.

Pattern: Sleepy Snake and the Mischievious Mouse from Mochimochiland by Anna Hrachovec.
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Worsted wool (jaded dreams and lemon drop)
Needles: Sz 6 circulars
Dates: July 12-July 15
For: My Neph who will turn 4 at the end of the month
Mods: Used worsted weight instead of DK. Won't felt it. I'm on the fence regarding whether or not I'm going to knit the toupee.
Thoughts: LOVE it. I think my nephew will be thrilled.

Here's the Mischievous Mouse in progress:

1 comment:

LisaBe said...

not knit the toupee?? horrors!
:)
very, very cute. i've bought all the mochi patterns. i guess it's high time i actually made one.
i have a flat-knitting disability, though: i must knit all things in the round and have no seaming. will have to see whether i have to adapt any patterns. wish me luck :)