Monday, July 23, 2007

Reviewed: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" by J.K. Rowling

I got caught up in Harry mania this weekend and finished the seventh and final book.

I won't post spoilers here, so don't worry.

I really enjoyed this book. Rowling did a good job wrapping up the series and bringing in some of the lose ends she so tantalizingly dangled in front of us over the past 10 years.

M just didn't understand how both her parents could be so enthralled with a huge book. I ended up reading the last 9 pages to her. To her credit, she stayed interested the whole time - which is something that doesn't happen much when I read her a chapter book with no pictures.

I was a happy Harry fan at the end of this book. I didn't cry, like I did with the sixth book, but I did get sad a couple of times.

Great ending!

No comments: