Monday, July 30, 2007

Reviewed: "To Shield the Queen" by Fiona Buckley

This book is my Historical Fiction book and I read it because my librarian recommended it.

I'm glad I checked it out. It was an entertaining read.

Ursula Blanchard is a 26 year old widow who had been disowned by her family due to the fact that she ran off with a man who was promised to be married to her husband. Her husband died of Small Pox and Ursula found herself in need of shelter. She was allowed to become a lady in waiting for Queen Elizabeth I as Ursula's mother had been a lady for Elizabeth's mother, when she was alive. Ursala is also the product of a illicit affair her mother had with an unknown married gentleman.

Ursala was hired by Dudley, the queen's love interest who was married, to go and watch over his ill wife.

There are many intrigues that go on in the story and I ended up reading the story very quickly. I'll check out some more Ursala Blanchard books.

No comments: