Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Digging out

Here's my green house a la' April 17, 2008
Here it is today.
BIG difference. I'm just glad we got the dead trees down. We get some truly wicked storms and I just had visions of waking up in the middle of the night with a tree sitting inside my home or the home of a neighbor.

Next step:

  1. Take the "glass" out of the green house
  2. Install chicken wire in the areas - but keep one or two slots open.
  3. Build a small chicken wire enclosure to allow the chickens to roam.
  4. Then figure out what needs to go inside. I seem to remember I need two places for them. One place to lay eggs, one place to sleep. Correct me if I'm wrong.

There's a blog of another guy who is converting an old shack into a chicken coop. He hasn't done anything on it for the past few weeks. I'll have to poke him to see if he just hasn't updated the blog.

No comments: