Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Solar

I'm answering a comment made from an Aussie reader.

Yes, we know about solar here in the US, but it's not widely used. I have a unique situation as I have a solar panel on the top of my house - which is used to heat our water.

I also have a laundry sink, but it's terribly small.

But your comment reminded me of our sink out in the garage - we rarely use it. This would be perfect for icing down the beer. I also like the idea of having an outdoor burner, but need to figure out how I can get that done.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

My husband and daughter brew beer regularly. They use the propane burner from a turkey fryer outdoors (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2267/2194353655_ae446e0b84_o.jpg). If you decide to use the T.F. pot, make sure it's not aluminum. We cool our beer by running cold water from the tap, through copper tubing immersed in the hot brew, which then dumps back out into the sink. And seriously, your home brew can be much better than store bought.